We are here to "Love God and love our neighbors.” Our hope is to be a welcoming community where all people can feel at home and become a part of. We know that we can write all sorts of slogans and statements, so we admit that we are working at becoming the community (church) God has called us to be.
St Mark Lutheran Church is one of nearly 10,000 churches in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). We work together in partnership with other congregations to change lives here in Iowa, across the United States, and throughout the world. While the word “Lutheran” may or may not mean much to you, at St Mark, we know that it connects us to millions of brothers and sisters in Christ across the world who desire to be the voice and hands of Jesus in the world.
Here are a few things that are at the heart of our message:
- We believe that it is by grace that God loves us and welcomes us into God’s family just the way we are.
- We are people who know that we make mistakes and are in need of God’s grace and forgiveness.
- We believe that through the work of the Holy Spirit, God invites us to be and become the persons and community God has created us to be.
- We believe that God has called this community to be a welcoming place where all people can gather together and grow in our understanding of who God is and who we are called to be.
- We believe that each of us are gifted by God to make a difference in this world, and together we can bring a little bit more of God's love and hope into this world.
- We celebrate the diversity God has created.
We hope you will Join us for worship, one of our classes, or a community event. Our door is open. You may discover St Mark is the place you want to make your church home.