Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7
We believe that God calls us to be generous in all areas of our lives and invites us to explore ways to share ourselves through our time, talent, and treasure. We give cheerfully because God has given us so much.
We encourage service inside and outside the church walls and support a variety of local, national, and international efforts that help those in need. In particular, we support organizations that help those affected by hunger, poverty, and natural disasters.
Here’s a sampling of how YOU could be sharing your time, talent, and treasure:
- Join the Prayer Chain.
- Help with worship services.
- Teach Sunday School.
- Share your special music.
- Chaperone youth activities.
- Deliver tapes of our worship services to the homebound.
- Sew quilts and layettes for Lutheran World Relief.
- Knit or crochet a prayer shawl.
- Collect Campbell’s soup labels, pop tabs, Hy-Vee cash register receipts, and “Box Tops for Education” coupons.
- Bake pies for the Fourth of July pie booth.
- Fill the grocery cart for the pantry at Upper Des Moines Opportunity; buy Christmas gifts for their Adopt-a-Family program.
- Walk in the CROP Walk.
- Be a Stephen Minister.
- Deliver Mugs and Kisses to visitors.
- Fill goodie boxes for college students.
- Join the Relay for Life team.
- Deliver Community Meals.
- Build FaithChests.
- Build homes in Storm Lake with Habitat for Humanity.
- Help rebuild communities affected by natural disasters.
- Donate used shoes to Soles 4 Souls.
- Donate books to the North Central Correctional Facility.
- Participate in the Church of the Damascus Road ministry.
- Donate to world hunger and malaria relief efforts through Lutheran World Relief and the ELCA Good Gifts program.
- Support Storm Lake’s newest residents through the SE Asian Ministries and Southern Sudan Technological Training Center programs.
- Support our sister congregation in Lupembe, Tanzania, our companion synod in Chile, and our Companion Synod Partner Projects (the Center for Agricultural Development and the Well Project).
- Join a board or committee.