We are committed to make all “in-person” activities at St Mark as safe as possible. A number of adaptations have been made to our “life together” as a community. We will continue to monitor local conditions and adapt our practices in order to keep all persons as safe as possible during
As we are a multi-generational gathering of persons, many among us will be vaccinated and some will not. Due to the high rate of cases of coronavirus and other viruses in this area over the past several weeks, the Congregation Council asks that all persons attending worship wear a facemask. We are also asked to maintain a distance of 6’ or greater while in an enclosed space with persons from outside of our own household. We are prayerful for an ending to the pandemic, but in the meantime the Congregation Council will continue to monitor local conditions and adjust safety measures as needed. We have not discovered a non-awkward way to address the wearing of masks, so we ask that our words and actions reflect love for one another, and concern for the most vulnerable among us.
- Worship services will be modified to lower the risk of exposure to the virus.
- Baptisms may take place in worship, or with only family and sponsors present.
- At this time funerals and memorial services may take place in the Sanctuary with limited “in-person” participants.
- Offering plates will not be passed during worship. Offering boxes will be available, in addition to electronic giving, drop off, and mailing of financial gifts.
- Individual communion kits will be available for use at home.
- Pre-packaged food may be served.
- All persons are asked to offer prayers for the well-being of others.
- All printed materials are to be recycled or taken home.
- By placing your offering into the offering boxes located at the Welcome Center and in the office.
- By going online at http://stmarkstormlake.com/give
- By mailing your gift to the church office – 1614 West 5th Street, Storm Lake, IA 50588
- By texting 833-643-0608
- By using the free Vanco Mobile App. It is available at the Apple App Store and for Android phones. See the give tab for more information.