We are committed to make all “in-person” activities at St Mark as safe as possible. A number of adaptations have been made to our “life together” as a community. We will continue to monitor local conditions and adapt our practices in order to keep all persons as safe as possible during
August 12, 2021 Update
The Congregation Council and Staff of St Mark want to thank everyone for your patience, diligence, and flexibility as we have traveled through the pandemic together. Since March of 2020 we have followed the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) along with the recommendations of local medical professionals and community leaders. We continue to keep “loving our neighbors” at the center of our decision-making process. During this time we have continued to offer :weekly worship services; education classes for young children and youth; provided office space for Lutheran Services in Iowa and the Western Iowa Synod staff; provided space for High School classes, recovery and other community groups to meet; and have increased our efforts to alleviate food insecurity and our impact in the Storm Lake community.
The Congregation Council met last night, during our regular Council meeting we reviewed local Covid related statistics, and discussed how to move forward at this time. The consensus among the entire Council is that we will keep in place the precautions we published earlier this year. We are confident that we are responding in a manner that we believe is timely, helpful, and safe.
We will respond appropriately as future announcements are made. Because we are a multi-generational gathering of persons, many among us will be vaccinated and some will not be yet. We have not found a non-awkward way to address our safety measures, so we ask that our words and actions reflect love for one another, and concern for the most vulnerable among us.
(revised May 14, 2021)
- Masks are optional if you are fully vaccinated.
- Masks are encouraged for all persons who are not vaccinated or are at high-risk
- Out of love, and in solidarity with those most vulnerable among us, some persons will choose to continue wearing a mask until the risk for the youngest and most at risk has been more greatly reduced.
- Worship services will be modified to lower the risk of exposure to the virus.
- Baptisms may take place in worship, or with only family and sponsors present.
- At this time funerals and memorial services may take place in the Sanctuary with limited “in-person” participants.
- Offering plates will not be passed during worship. Offering boxes will be available, in addition to electronic giving, drop off, and mailing of financial gifts.
- Individual communion kits will be available for use at home.
- Pre-packaged food may be served.
- All persons are asked to offer prayers for the well-being of others.
- All printed materials are to be recycled or taken home.
- By placing your offering into the offering boxes located at the Welcome Center and in the office.
- By going online at http://stmarkstormlake.com/give
- By mailing your gift to the church office – 1614 West 5th Street, Storm Lake, IA 50588
- By texting 833-643-0608
- By using the free GIVE+ Mobile App by going to https://giveplushelp.vancopayments.com It is also available at the Apple App Store, and for Android phones