In January 1953 – just nine months after its first worship service – the St. Mark congregation purchased approximately six acres from the George Angier property. Ground was broken for a building in mid-July and the cornerstone laid on the congregation’s first anniversary (September 19, 1953). This “First Unit” served the congregation’s worship, educational, and fellowship needs until the sanctuary was built in 1967. In 2004, the original windows were replaced with stained glass windows. Discussions about renovating the sanctuary began in 2008; the project was completed in 2013.
Christ is the focal point of the sanctuary’s north wall; symbols of our Christian faith fill the three other walls. Read more about our stained glass windows.